Psalm 139:23

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way of the everlasting."

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Purpose Driven Life



Today I began another internship at Contact. Ministry always has a way of humbling me & causing me to view things through my Lord's eyes rather then my own. Last summer when I began interning never in my wildest dreams would I have thought Contact would be some where I would pursue doing ministry long term. I am such a planner. I plan everything! But often I am guilty of living out my own plan for my life rather then my Lord's. I had been involved in missions in Honduras for a few years & truly believed that God was calling me to mission there full time. I even told Ron, one of the ministers that I work with, when I began my internship that I was heading to O.C. in the fall to pursue degrees in ministry & secondary education, & that following graduation I would move to Honduras. God used last summer to completely change my life. He broke my heart with the work He allowed me to be involved in. He grew me & changed me into a completely different person. He opened my eyes & more importantly my heart so that I could see that ministry truly is everywhere! I was guilty of overlooking the plan that He had for me right here in Tulsa. 


I would never demean foreign mission. I love the work that is being done in Honduras. It is such an amazing experience! I developed many lifelong friendships with the Hondurans that I am eternally grateful for & will continue to pray for them, as well as the missionaries that work so hard daily! When Jesus gave the great commission He clearly calls us to go into all the world. Unfortunately, I often forget that sometimes He is calling me across town, across the street, or even across the room. His plan for our lives as Christians is not to simply go on a mission trip, although they are beneficial for both the kingdom & my own spirituality, the trip is not my only purpose. He wants my heart 100% of the time! He wants me to be willing to step up & speak out for His glory where ever I am. Ministry is not about being comfortable, but about being useful! We were each created to worship Him. 


He has blessed me so much by allowing me to be a part of the ministry at Contact. I know without a doubt that working with the children at Contact is the purpose He has given me. He pours out spiritual gifts on His people & we can choose whether to use them or waste them. As I begin working at Contact full-time again I am striving to live a purpose driven life every day. I want to be exactly who He created me to be! I want my every breath to worship my Father & in doing so bless the people that He has been gracious enough to put in my life. He has blessed me with incredibly amazing children that I get to work with every day & I want to equally bless them. This summer I am going to do everything in my power to help these kids find their gifts & where they can benefit the church the most. I believe we all hit a point in our lives when we feel like our life has no purpose. My main goal this summer is to help these kids find His purpose for their lives. I want each of them to live up to their full potential. I am absolutely ecstatic about what God will do at Contact this summer! I love watching Him move mountains in the lives of His people & look forward to helping the kids find who they are in Him.


I would like to say thank you to everyone who is supporting me & making another summer at Contact possible. Please continue to keep the team & our whole church in your prayers as we strive to live purpose driven lives for the Lord.


"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Therefore ask the God of the harvest to send out workers into the field." Matthew 9:37

No comments:

Post a Comment